Homemade masks and Remedies for Indian Women
Although dusky complexion is in these days fair skin has its own beauty and appeal. Anything and everything goes on fair complexion. A fair, flawless complexion is dream of every woman and to realize this she thinks little.
Indian summers are harsh on the skin. The skin gets tanned due to exposure to sun. The Ultraviolet rays of the sun enhance the production of melanin pigment which eventually darkens the complexion. Owing to this the face and forearms of many Indian women become dark in comparison with the rest of the body. Women become conscious of this although they hardly confess the reality.
To stay fair this summer:
- Wear a sunscreen or sunblock cream inevitably when going out in the sun. Many popular Indian brands offer an attractive range of skincare products. Select a sunscreen or sunblock that has Sun Protection Factor or the SPF above 50. That is the check you have to make before purchasing.
- Drink lots of water this summer. Water protects from skin darkening.
- Wash the exposed parts of the body with water. Cleanse the part mildly with soap in order to remove dust, grime and other pollutants.
- Since milk is a natural bleacher it will help in lightening your skin. Add a spoon of honey, lemon juice and a spoonful of almond oil into milk and apply over the exposed parts of the body. Do this at least 3 to 4 times in a week!
- Get hands and feet waxed. Waxing exfoliates the skin removing all the dead cells. This is certainly one way to get rid of tanned skin.
- Prepare a homemade mask comprising sandalwood paste, lemon juice, tomato juice and cucumber juice. Apply the mask on the tanned part of the body until it dries. Repeat at least 4 times in a week.
- Make paste of turmeric and gram flour and apply over the tanned region. Wash it off when the paste dries.
- You can simply rub a half-cut lemon or tomato over the tanned part of the body. Forearms or face or both. You can wash your face and arms with cold water and dab it dry with a clean dry towel. Remember to deal with your skin softly.
- Apply licorice extract (Mulaithi in Hindi) to the tanned part and apply any other sunscreen cream. You can do this twice daily.
- Wear light colored clothes because dark colored clothes absorb heat and aid in tanning. It is better to cover the head with scarf and wear full sleeves all through this summer.
Do you have any homemade remedies for tanned skin? Please do share with us right here.