Simple and Easy Aam ka Achar Recipe: Mango is one of the most popular fruits of Indian summers. In India people make pickles of different varieties. Mango pickle is very yummy and tangy in taste.You can have mango pickles anytime and serve with any dish. Mango pickle is very easy to make. Let us see the step by step procedure of making Mango pickle.
Preparation Time: 10 Minutes
Cooking Time: no Cooking
Serving as per requirement
Mango Pickle Ingredients
1 kg raw mango (cut into 3-4 in cubes)
3 tbsp aniseeds/ fennel seeds
½ tbsp asafetida (hing)
1 ½ mustard seeds
3 tbsp kalonji (onion seeds)
6 tbsp grinded red chilli powder
1 tbsp fenugreek seeds
2-3 tbsp turmeric powder
1 cup white salt for taste
750 ml mustard oil
1. Wash and dry raw mangoes and cut them into cubes also deseed them.
2. Take a big bowl. Add salt into the raw mango cubes according to your taste and also add 1 tbsp turmeric powder into it and leave the mixture under the sun and for one whole day, so that mangoes become soft.
3. Grind the aniseed, mustard seeds and fenugreek seeds in a food processor.
4. Take a big vessel and put the sun dried raw mango pieces. Add all the dry masala to it.
5. Add salt according to your taste. Add mustard oil of 350 ml of oil. Mix all the ingredients well.
6. Now take a glass jar which must be dried and clean. Put all the mixture into that jar.
7. Add the 400ml of mustard oil into the jar.
8. Cover the jar with muslin cloth and keep the jar for 4-5 days in the sun. Stir every day to mix well.
9. Serve with parathas or with any recipe.
Tips: Use dried spoon for taking out the pickle otherwise it will get spoilt.
You can increase the quantity of red chilli powder according to your taste.
The mango pickles can be stored for 1-2 years. It can also be preserved by adding vinegar.