Simple and Easy Dal Makhani Recipe: Dal makhani is a delicious daal originally from Punjab in North India. It is also known as “maa ki daal” People literally love this dish and mostly order this in restaurants. Traditionally this dal is cooked on low flame, for hours. It is eaten with Nan, rice or chapattis. It is really easy to cook and delicious to eat and is rich in proteins and mineral. It is a nutritious diet and all the members of the family would like it very much.
Let us see how to make Dal Makhani: Dal Makhani Indian Style Recipe
Cooking Time -40-60 Minutes
Serving- 5-6 people
Calories- 125 calories in a bowl
Dal Makhani Ingredients:
1 cup whole urad daal (urad sabut)
1tbsp Red kidney beans (Rajma)
1 onion finely chopped
1 tomato finely chopped
1 piece of Ginger
2-3 green chilies finely chopped
chopped coriander leaves
4-5 flakes Garlic paste
1/2 cup stirred curd
1/2 cup fresh stirred cream (malai)
2 cup milk
1tsp cumin seeds (jeera)
Salt to taste
1/2tsp turmeric powder
1/2tsp Garam masala
Red chili powder according to taste
1/2tsp dhaniya powder
Dal Makhani Procedure
- Soak rajma in water for the whole night or for 4-5 hours
- Add water & little salt into pressure-cooker. Put Rajma and urad dal till soft or for 20-25 minutes.
- Mash some rajma and dal with spatula and boil it again for 15-20 minutes.
- Add curd and milk to boiled dal.
- Now in kadai (pan) heat the oil, splutter cumin seeds and add garlic paste, fry it until it becomes light brown in colour. Add onions and fry them until it becomes golden brown.
- Add tomatoes, ginger, and green chilies and fry them.
- Now add turmeric powder, coriander powder, chili powder, and salt.
- Reduce the flame to the medium. Add this mixture in to daal and stir it properly.
- Remove from the flame and then add garam masala powder and Garnish with chopped coriander leaves and butter.
- Serve it hot with Nan or rice.
You can taste a very delicious dish prepared with less effort Enjoy the dish..!!