Hair is an asset. Why alone women, men too worry equally over their crowning glory. We see Bollywood/Hollywood stars and many more celebrities spending a huge amount on hair transplantation and related hair-care activities. With a huge number of exclusive hair-saloons coming up everywhere hair-care has become more important aspect of beautification than any other.
The growing work pressure and demand for performance hardly left many qualified and talented men and women with little time. Stress acting supreme on any normal, working individual we see hundreds of ‘hair’ related problems sprouting everyday. An average working individual from the metros of India hardly has anytime to think of body/beauty care. Owing to a scenario like this hair related problems like balding, alopecia (thinning of hair), psoriasis, greying and many others have become widely spread.
Although balding, greying and alopecia are inherited, research proves that stress causes thinning of hair and graying of hair too!! Alopecia leads to balding, which is considered disastrous and traumatic by the youth.
Like all the other parts of the body, hair should be given equal importance and care. Pampering the hair and giving it adequate nourishment gives wonderful results. Although the number of hair strands are genetically determined, a healthy, bouncy, thick hair is completely in our hands.
‘Pollution’ is an other evil besides stress that plays foul with the hair. Constant exposure to pollutants carbons, sulphurs and other dangerous nitrides and oxides could play foul with hair damaging its structure and color.
Besides the normal hair care products that we use, certain natural home-made products could prove wonderful for hair-care. Mentioned underneath are some brilliant hair care methods that could be practiced at home:
- Make it a point to massage your scalp with lukewarm oil at least alternately if not daily. While you massage your scalp feel relaxed. Loosen your hair and gently massage your scalp without any oil for a while. Then dip the tips of your fingers into lukewarm pure coconut oil (for best results) and massage your scalp in anticlockwise direction. Close your eyes and feel relaxed all through. You can even play some music to lighten the background. Pure coconut oil is extremely good for hair. Coconut oil has ‘cytokinins’. These are the natural growth hormones. You can buy pure coconut oil from any ‘apothecary’ (dawaasaas). In order to make the grey hair black add a few pieces of dried ‘Amla’ (Indian gooseberry) in coconut oil boil until the Amla turns black. Let the black concoction cool down. Apply the same to your scalp. You will see the grey hair becoming black in no time. Isn’t that a miracle!
- Boil some ‘Pudina’ (mint) leaves in a utensil. Let it cool down. You can use the solution as conditioner after shampooing your hair. Doing this frequently will make your hair shine. It will also protect your scalp from dandruff besides relaxing the nerves of your head.
- A decoction of tea used while shampooing has the power to blacken the grey hair. Do it at least 3-4 times a week. Tea is a natural dying agent.
- Massaging the scalp with Aloe Vera juice and solution of Sage leaves also makes the hair black and shiny. It triggers the process of hair growth. Do this at least 3-4 times a week.
- Egg white can be applied to the scalp and hair daily or at least before you shampoo your hair. Egg white has a lot of protein for your hair.
- Massaging the scalp with pure castor oil or almond oil works wonder for the hair.
- Rub onion in your scalp. Do this before you shampoo the hair. Rub onion in the scalp where you feel that the hair growth is inadequate. Leave it for half an hour. In no time (2-3 weeks) you see new hair sprouting.
- Eat lot many sprouts, green leafy vegetables and salads and fruits. Aubergine, Papaya, Spinach and Almonds to keep your in hair lovely health.
Consider hair an equally essential part of your body! I am sure all these natural, herbal and home made solutions and concoctions are safe and beneficial to your hair. You can try them and get back to us with positive results. Share your hair care tips with us here right beneath this article. We await your response.
Let’s call December the ‘hair-care month’!