Simple, Sweet, Delicious, white Kalakand Recipe: Sweets are the vital part of Diwali festival. Kalakand is the most popular traditional Indian dessert especially made during festive occasions. Kalakand is also called milk cake. There are two types of Kalakand, milky white and coral pink. Kalakand is made of milk, cheena and sugar. It is a very simple and easy recipe which can be made at home without any difficulty. Try this quick and authentic white Kalakand recipe.
Preparation Time: 3 hours 15 minutes
Cooking Time: 40 minutes
Total time: 3 hours 55 minutes
2 liters milk
½ cup sugar
½ cup chopped almonds, pistachios
1 tbsp cardamom powder
½ tbsp lemon juice
½ cup water
1 tbsp ghee and butter for greasing
Silver foil (optional)
1. Take a heavy metal base utensil. Add 1liter of milk and boil it.
2. Once milk starts boiling squeeze few drops of lime juice into milk. This way milk will start curdling.
3. When milk curdles completely then you will see water will separate from coagulated part of milk. These large masses of milk lumps is called chenna in Hindi.
4. Now switch off the gas and put chenna aside.
5. Now take the remaining 1liter milk in a deep bowl and boil it until it is reduced to half.
6. When the milk is reduced to half add the chenna and boil the mixture until the mixture becomes thick.
7. Add sugar and cardamom powder and keep stirring continuously until the mixture turns into semi solid state.
8. Remove this mixture from the gas.
9. Now take a plate and grease it properly. Spread the chopped almonds, pistachios in the plate
10. Now spread this semi solid mixture on the greased plate.
11. Let it cool and set for 2-3 hours.
10. Cut the kalakand into square shapes and wrap with silver foil and Kalakand is ready for serving.
Tip: 1.You can also use condensed milk or milk powder.
Enjoy Diwali with this scrumptious Kalakand sweet dish by serving it to your dear ones. Check our simple and easy Jalebi Recipe.