Missi Roti Recipe: Missi roti is one of the traditional Indian rotis. It is favourite dish of many people and is cooked in the houses frequently. Missi roti, a roti made with a combination of wheat flour (atta) and gram flour (Besan), is also very popular in Indian wedding menu. It is a complete nutritious healthy food. This can be eaten with cooked vegetables or even plain with some fresh butter. The roti can be savored with curd or any tangy chutney. Let’s now see the recipe.
Ingredients for Missi Roti:
2 cups Whole Wheat Flour (atta)
2 cups Gram Flour (Besan)
2 tbsp Dry fenugreek leaves (kasoori methi)
Red chili powder to taste
Salt to taste
½ tbps garam masala
1 tbps dry pomegranate- anar dana(optional)
2 tbsp oil
1 onion (chopped well)
2 small size green chilly (chopped well)
Water to knead
Procedure for Making Missi Roti
- Mix wheat flour, gram flour, salt, chili powder, garam masala, onion and green chilly..
- Make powder of fenugreek leaves and mix it to the mixed flour.
- Now put some oil into the flour, slowly add water and make soft dough of this mixture keep this dough and cover it with muslin cloth for 10 minutes.
- Take oil in hand and rub it on your palm and again knead the dough well and make balls of it
- Roll into a slightly thick chapatti than the usual ones. Pre-heat the girdle (tawa) and cook the missi roti with or without oil.
- Cook it from both the sides until it becomes golden brown
- It can also be cooked in an oven or tandoor.
Missi roti is easy to make. It is relished by one and all in the family. Missi Roti is good for diabetics because of gram flour added to it as an ingredient. Gram flour is said to keep insulin levels in check. Try this mouthwatering recipe right away!!
Missi roti is great, but if you are looking for something fun to cook, then check out our bread pizza recipe.