Prepare healthy, simple and ‘easy to make at home’ Atta Biscuits recipe–Atta Biscuits: Children simply love to munch on snacks and biscuits or cookies. These are favorite to almost every kid. There are numerous varieties of biscuits which can be easily purchased from market, yet nothing beats the ones made at home.
The Atta Biscuits (whole wheat cookies) are a healthy snack option that you can easily bake for your children at home.
By following the below mentioned few easy steps, prepare this yummy snack treat at home.
Preparation Time: 40 minutes
Cooking Time: 30-40 minutes
Calories: 70 per serving
- 1-2 cup whole wheat flour
- ½ cup powdered sugar (or as per taste)
- 100 grams chilled butter
- Chocó chips (optional)
- Milk or water as per requirement
Method to Prepare Yummy Atta Biscuit Snack Recipe at Home:
- Start by preheating the oven to 160°C. Then put whole wheat flour, powdered sugar and chilled butter in a bowl. Mix all the ingredients until it starts to look like breadcrumbs.
- Now add some water or cold milk in the mixture, so you can knead the mixture into a soft dough. Make sure dough is neither too soft nor too hard.
- Make small round balls from the dough, then flatten them between your palms or on wooden surface used to flatten rotis. Place these round shaped cookies in the baking tray after lightly greasing it with butter. Sprinkle Chocó chips on the cookies. And don’t forget to maintain some distance between each cookie in the baking tray.
- Then place the tray inside the preheated oven for 10-12 minutes or until they turn golden in colour.
- Get the atta biscuits out of the oven when done and allow them to cool down. Once cooled, atta biscuits are ready to be served.
- You can also store these cookies for few days in an air-tight container.