How to Prepare Kaju Katli (Cashew Nuts Barfi) at Home Kaju katli (cashew nut barfi) is a popular Indian sweet that people purchase from the market during festival season. It is equally popular It’s one of the most delicious Indian sweet and majority of people savor it with great delight.
Unfortunately, some Kaju Katli lovers refuse to purchase it from the market now days because these sweet delights are often covered with silver foil, which is considered non-vegetarian. This is because they are generally made by hammering in between two leather pieces. Some time silver foil is replaced with aluminum film, which is cheap but healthy in nature.
But why this spoil your festival celebrations as this mouth-watering sweet can be easily made at home. Here’s how you can prepare Kaju Katli (cashew nuts barfi) at home by following few simple steps:
Preparation Time: 15 minutes
Cooking Time: 60-75 minutes
Calories: 185 per serving
- 500 grams Cashew nuts (kaju; soaked in warm water for 1-2 hours)
- 300 grams powdered sugar (or as per taste)
- 1 tablespoon Ghee
- ½ teaspoon Cardamom powder
Procedure To Make Kaju Katli:
- Firstly, you will have to soak cashew nuts for about 1-2 hours. Afterwards, break a cashew and check if it has become softer from inside. Get the cashews out of water and grind them into a fine paste with the help of a grinder. If needed, use little water while grinding cashews.
- Now mix cashew nuts paste with powdered sugar.
- Put frying pan on the burner and cook the paste of sugar and cashew on low flame. Keep stirring the mixture till a soft lump starts to form.
- Turn off the burner and add Ghee and Cardamom powder in Cashew nut and sugar paste. Mash mixture thoroughly and let it cool for 10-15 minutes.
- Once the mixture has cooled down, roll the mixture into thin bread by spreading it on ghee coated plate, so that it won’t stick on plate’s surface.
- Now cut it into diamond or square shape to make it look attractive.
Your Kaju Katli is ready to be served.
Enjoy the delicious treat!